Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for E-man
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-FA 28-90mm F3.5-5.6
So I got this lens almost a year ago with a K20D, two other lenses and a case. Somehow, it found its way onto the K20D's evil twin, the Samsung GX20 and stayed there—until today. Somehow, that lens and body just seemed to understand each other and I actually got some decent—not great, but decent—shots with that combo. While I enjoyed the fact that it was lightweight and easy to handle, I never liked its plastic craptastic construction, especially the lens mount. Unfortunately, that lens met a grisly end a couple of hours ago when I had it sitting on a kitchen counter. I grabbed it up to take a quick shot and was holding the camera by its grip when the neck strap caught on a drawer pull and the camera was pulled out of my hand as I stepped away. It landed on the front of the lens, which broke off it's plastic lens mount (I hate plastic lens mounts) but amazingly, the camera body itself was spared any damage, a testament to its tough construction. I slapped on one of my myriad DA 18-55mm zooms and took the photo I needed without further incident. While I am disappointed to have lost a lens in this way due to my own carelessness and general bad luck, I am left wondering if this lens might have survived had it been equipped with a metal mount. Of course, I also recognize that the breakaway quality of the plastic mount might well have saved the camera body from harm. But of all my lenses, I'm glad it was this one that met such a fate. in my overly redundant lens collection, I h...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:43 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!