Review statistics for Belgarchi
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-A 50mm F2.8 Macro
A long time ago, I used that lens with film cameras and my remembrance is that it was 'very good but not excellent'. Same for tests in magazines in the 1980's. Because I like the light weight, the smooth focusing ring, and the 'built-in' hood, I decided to buy another one last year. I was very surprised by the high image quality; very similar to my legendary Nikon 55/2.8 Macro AIs (used on a Fuji X-T20). The only thing I dislike is the plastic aperture ring (not used with Pentax DSLRs, but used when adapted on mirrorless cameras). Be careful, many Pentax 'A' lenses have issues now, stiff focusing ring, stiff aperture ring, haze, separation of glued elements, etc. Not more than other brands, but these lenses are 30+ years old.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:35 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!