Review statistics for Rob Shepter
Latest Review Posted HD Pentax-DA 70mm F2.4 Limited
Given my large collection of Pentax glass, I delayed the purchase of this lens a long while, until I was sure it would do what I wanted it to. I wanted to carry it alongside my venerable F 28mm and F 50mm to use on my three cameras of choice, the K3, K5 IIs and *ist (loaded with Ilford film). It is a joy to use, allowing me to have three bodies in the bag, each one set up and ready to go with a different combination, for landscape/street scenes, detail work and light/shadow photos, for which the 70mm is a nice compromise on length and angle. I sometimes switch the lenses around, as the K3 excels in focusing quickly, the K5 IIs in producing a well-exposed shot, and the *ist in being so small, quiet and unobtrusive that I can shoot almost anything without being spotted. When I have the 70mm on the K5 or K3, it is fast, sharp and gives me enough length to pick a face out of a crowd, isolate a detail in a shot or frame 'in camera' instead of having to crop and frame later (which I rarely do as I believe in doing it right first time); when the 70mm is on the *ist it is tiny, fast, as sharp as the naked eye and wide enough to capture a scene without having to move back, but with no detectable distortion even in the corners. It helps that it is silver, as is my *ist, and looks (to the uninitiated) like a toy (or bridge) camera. It is only the motor wind that gives the game away, but by then I have the shot on film. Some have said that it is "digital" only; I have run 7-...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!