Review statistics for ambrosius
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-M 100mm F2.8
This is my main portrait lens on my a7. My copy is in great condition, like new, the glass was incredibly clean and cosmetically in perfect condition. The focus grease was a bit dry, so I relubed it and now it really is a joy to use. The lens is very small, with is a big plus.

I was astonished when I saw the first portraits. I didn't expect such a great image quality. At f2.8 is very sharp, but not excessively sharp, and contrast was a bit flat. But microcontrast is at a very good level at this point. It vignettes a bit. Very good for portraits. At f2.8 it has a bit of purple fringing, but not so much! When stopped down it becomes great. At f5.6 sharpness in incredibly high, and focusing at infinity gives excellent sharpness across the frame on a FF camera. Very impressive. Bokeh is very beautiful and smooth at all apertures and seems to resist flare very well.

The six aperture blades make a smi-circular shape until f5.6, but I really wish it had more of them. 8 blades would be perfect.

I recommend this lens!

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:24 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!