Review statistics for ChristianRock
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7
I have to give this lens a 10. I have had two copies and both of them were super sharp wide open. I thought I had a great copy but when I got a 2nd one it was just as good - and both are slightly better, especially wide open, than the A 50 1.7 that I used to have, and the F 50 1.7 that I still have (I keep the F, of course, because it is very handy to have an AF nifty fifty).
Everything about this lens is great. it's small and almost a pancake, and the positives in the top of the review tell the story.
I have a metal hood on mine but I feel it's more for looks than anything else - it's pretty flare resistant even without it.
I don't remember ever seeing aberrations that needed correction.
The bokeh might not be quite as good as the 50 1.4 models but it's still good.
It even works really great with an inverter ring for about 1:1 macro. Other 50-ish lenses I tested for this purpose (Rikenon 50 1.4, K 55 f2) were not nearly as good.

Very sharp in the in-focus area wide open:
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5835/20552138686_6a2454ef87_b.jpgSunflower M 50 1.7 @1.7 by ChristianRock, on Flickr

Stop it down a bit and it's perfection:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/605/23260022246_362a309740_b.jpgLeaves on the Ground by ChristianRock, on Flickr

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/623/22897161686_7c71b67b0d_b.jpgEntrance Road in Fall 2015-50mm by ChristianRock, on Flickr

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:44 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!