Review statistics for normant
Latest Review Posted Takumar/Tele-Takumar 200mm F5.6
Just got this last week, an older version that just says "takumar" not "tele-takumar", and has a serial number in the 600 thousands. Noticed someone gave it a 9 yesterday and I agree.

I would say that on balance my (very well liked) 200 f4 SMC has better contrast and perhaps slightly better color, though more chromatice aberration. I have not tried this lens with a shade, which might equalize the contrast/color. This lens is quite sharp wide open, and much smaller, not just in diameter, but shorter, than the f4, which is a big plus for hiking etc. Not really light (400g) but noticeably lighter and better balanced on my K20 than the f4.

It seems to have good bokeh, perhaps helped by the ten aperture blades. Of course, it is a pre-set lens, but if you are using M42 lenses on a Pentax DSLR, you wil not find that much more, if any more, of an inconvenience than using the toggle switch on the later lenses.

Build quality and smoothness of focusing and stopping down even exceeds the super and smc takumars by a bit.

August 12, 2011. I am updating this review to say that the more I have used this lens the more I like it. It gives a classic look.

I have never had an image with bad bokeh taken with it and it is sharper than I had originally thought some of my earlier images were less sharp due to hand movement despite shake reduction.

I rate the handling as excellent but that is given that it is a pre-set lens which takes a little getting u...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!