Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for steamloco76
Latest Review Posted HD Pentax-DA 1.4x AW AF Rear Converter
The HD DA 1.4X is a must have accessory if you own a DA*300/4, FA*300/4.5 or F*300/4.5. Forty percent more magnification with almost no IQ loss, especially with the DA*300/4. The TC also works very well with the F and FA 100/2.8 macro lenses giving a very high quality 140/4 macro lens.

Iíve tested the converter with my DFA 150-450 and it works well for subjects under 100 feet away, after that, at least with my lens, IQ degrades to the point where enlarging files from the 150-450 alone gives better results. No such issue with the DA*300 which is the nearly permanent home for my converter.

I was lucky enough to find a used copy of this lens for $250, though I would still recommend it a the full $397 current asking price.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!