Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for hjoseph7
Latest Review Posted Takumar 200mm F3.5
I'm not much of a super-tele lens fan, but they are good to have around in case you want to get into wild-life photography, or sports from a distance. One of the great thing about these lenses is the Bokeh that is very easy to produce. I had this lens since 2014, but have just decided to review it for some reason. I hope my memory is not failing me, but honestly this lens is as impressive as the positive reviews given it. It took me a while to finally find one on the used market. This is a 1960's lens and there are not that many copies still available at least in good shape. I purchased mine from a seller in Japan and don't quite remember how much I paid for it. I think it cost me less than $200, but more than $100 ?

Not only was this lens hard to find, so where the on-line reviews ! I could only go by what the reviewers said on this Forum. In any case, my first impressions were how bulky and heavy this lens was compared to my other Takumar/Pentax lenses. Not the type of lens one would take out for birding without a sturdy tripod. My copy was in pretty good condition (considering the age) with no fungus, scratches, or separation. However, the focusing ring was kind of floppy. This was my first time using a 'Preset' lens, so I had to Google-it to find out how to use it.

My copy came with a tripod-mount, but as I soon realized, this mount depending on its position, could easily scratch the front facing of your camera if you are not careful when attaching or detaching th...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!