Review statistics for jgirl57
Latest Review Posted SMC Pentax-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL [IF] SDM
Kit lens is better, I would never recommend this lens.

I wanted a good zoom for my portraits, this was not it. Go ahead and skip it and get it out of your brain. I am looking at the 24-70 now for the replacement of this lens.
I did send it back after 2 sessions with this lens and I was super disapointed in the quality.
Contrast was OK but It could have been better.
If you are a pro or expect crisp images, this is not the lens you want.
For those hobbiest and don't care, it would make a good wide little zoom (NOT)
I do own a 18-275 which I love better, but I also own a 35m, 77m Limited and a 100 2.8. I have also owned a lot of other lenses as well and this has been the worst lens I have ever purchased.

I found super bad AC, distortion, vinetting around the edges. Auto focus was slow. Bad fringing.
It was heavy for the price as well as being super soft. I did find it to be the sweet spots as long as it was over F5 but even at that I need to shoot wide open most of the time for my kind of work... If your work is over F5 then use your judgement and don't say I warned you.

The only time I would recommend this lens is you were shooting over F5 for landscapes or if you needed it for other Geners of Photography. For portraits I would totally stay away from it. You get better quality from the regular Kit lens. Manual focus worked better than the autofocus. The autofocus was super disapointing to me.

Handling- Was very heavy, manual focus worked better than the auto...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:58 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!