Jul 9, 2022
Topaz Gigapixel AI
Topaz Labs is a software company out of Dallas, Texas that specialies in cutting-edge photo and video enhancing tools, all of which are now built around artificial intelligence (AI) that utilizes neural engines and machine learning in our increasingly powerful and sophisticated computers. Their main products include DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI, Gigapixel AI, as well as Video Enhance AI. Each of these apps can work as standalone software, or can be used as plug-ins within larger professional editing suites, depending on your particular workflow. Today we’ll be looking at Gigapixel, their enlargment AI engine, which is proving to be quite an amazing piece of software. So for any of you who like big wall-sized prints, or who make bus wraps, billboards, storefront images and the like, this software will prove to be very interesting to you.
Pricing and Trial
Topaz Gigapixel AI is available as a 30-day free trial, which is a great opportunity for you to determine if it is a good fit for your needs and your workflow.
The full version of the software is a perpetual license priced at $99.99 USD, which also comes with a 30-day money back guarantee as well as 1 year of feature updates. Additional years of updates are available for $49.00.
In addition, through the end of July, 2022, the coupon code pentaxuser (enter this at checkout) will allow you to save 15% off Gigapixel and get it for just $84.99 instead of $99.99.
Topaz often runs promotions, such as annual bundle savings for users who want to experience the full suite of Topaz software. The convenient aspect of these bundles is that the cost to upgrade is reduced by the cost of the software you already own, which means that if you buy Gigalpixel outside of a sale/bundle, you can still benefit from those savings in the future.
Topaz' Gigapixel AI website details many of the different uses for this software, beyond just enlarging:
- Improve image quality
- Upscale image resolution instead of just enlarging pixels
- Add image detail that looks completely natural
- Enhance the texture of feathers
- Improve fur texture and sharpness
- Higher resolution landscapes
- More detailed cityscapes
- Crystal clear upscaling with no blocky artifacts
- Fix extreme pixelation in low resolution images
- Create better prints by increasing the dpi and increasing the image’s real resolution
- Remove close-up compression artifacts
- Better zooming and cropping
- Enhance different patterns in fabrics and flora
- Better perceived sharpness in small details
- Natural texture that looks like it was never upscaled
We have witnessed and can attest to many of these attributes in our own experiences with this software.
Next, let's take a look at the installation of Gigapixel and the UI itself.
Page 1 of 8 | Last Page