Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Miscellaneous Lenses » Prime Lenses
Albinar 135mm F/2.8 ADG Coated Optics Review RSS Feed

Focuses down to 150cm
Coated Optics
Mount Type:

Add Review of Albinar 135mm F/2.8 ADG Coated Optics
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-3 of 3

Registered: July, 2016
Lens Review Date: September 6, 2016 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $8.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Price, Build Quality, Performance
Cons: Chromatic Aberration
Sharpness: 8    Aberrations: 6    Bokeh: 9    Value: 10    Camera Used: Canon t3i

Purchased this lens along with every other Pentax K-mount lens that was there...all were between $5-$8 each. Two 50mm f2.0, a 50mm f1.7, and this little 135mm f2.8 gem.

I absolutely love shooting it! I use it on my Canon t3i so the effective focal range is 216mm since it's a crop sensor. A 200mm f2.8 prime for $8...can't beat that.

It gives me a great look...soft and dreamy at f2.8. That's where I plan to shoot it because it gives me the look i want...filmy and vintage.

Great buy!

Lens Review Date: August 21, 2015 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $20.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: really sharp
Cons: some few CA's wide open
Sharpness: 10    Aberrations: 9    Bokeh: 9    Handling: 8    Value: 9    Camera Used: spotmatic to k-200

most of my analog macro shootings made with this 4/4-lens

naturally ZEISS Sonnar still few better. Albinar is cheap, but a good metal/glas-construction, too.

++ best results with f8 high contrast, nice colors and very good sharpness

++ for macro shootingS I USE AN ACHROMATIC FOCAL REDUCTOR INTEGRATED IN A MACRO RING:

Naturally, Sonnar lenses 3,5/135 and 4/135 eleminating all CA's perfectly in combination with achromatic focal reductor, taken from a binocular 8x30.

Albinar with this combination showing still few CA's in the corners, the center is free of them and rerally sharp. For this low price and its fine results 9 points

Location: Minahasa, North Celebes (Sulawesi)

Lens Review Date: May 22, 2011 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 8

Pros: Solid. Sharp even wide open. Flare controlled. Not bulky
Cons: No close focusing/Macro
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 8    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 9    Value: 10

Solid built, feels like a carefully engineered lens. Sharp, even at F/2.8 and gives excellent colors and bokeh. I tried to crop a picture, and sharp still it goes. I wish that it could focuses closer, but it only gives 150cm. At least this lens is compact, almost pocketable I should say.

You can get this very cheap, like may other 135 gems. For the price I get, this lens makes me smile for days. This is my first 135mm, and it sure making me wanting for more.

Sample shots, all at the widest aperture.

Add Review of Albinar 135mm F/2.8 ADG Coated Optics

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!