Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Carl Zeiss Lenses » Prime Lenses
aus JENA (Carl Zeiss) "S" (Sonnar) 135mm f4 (zebra) Review RSS Feed

10.0
 5.0
 10.0
2 6,061 Thu March 12, 2015

aus JENA (Carl Zeiss) "S" (Sonnar) 135mm f4 (zebra)

"aus JENA" was apparently an "export brand name" for Carl Zeiss lens ... "S" is an abbreviation for Sonnar

6 blades
f4 to f22
M42 mount
49mm filter
"Auto" plus exterior engagement lever function
Mount Type: M42 Screwmount

Add Review of aus JENA (Carl Zeiss) "S" (Sonnar) 135mm f4 (zebra)
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-2 of 2

Lens Review Date: March 12, 2015 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $20.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: very sharp f 8
Cons: few CA's
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 8    Bokeh: 10    Handling: 5    Value: 10    Camera Used: spotmatic, k-x k200 fuji x-e1

inspite my item has the same problem with focus ring and a few dust, I've fitted my k-x to higher contrast (filter). This improves contrast and eleminates some flare.

I use it only for butterflies with an additional macro ring - an achromatic 2/1 lens element integrated in the ring.

So I've changed optical construction from 5/4 to 7/5 with astonishing results: absolutely no CA's and very high sharpness of details

Because of my very sharp macros: 9 points

Location: Lost in translation ...
Lens Review Date: May 25, 2014 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $15.00 | Rating: 7

Pros: Tank-like build, long throw, sharp downed down ...
Cons: Slow @ f4, my copy needs more servicing - focus ring blocking

Bonjour,

Just a quick entry for this 135/4 aus Jena (Carl Zeiss). I picked it up cheap at the Poiters annual swap meet since it had rear element fungus (which I cleaned out easily) and it had a very stiff focus throw (more problematic).

Have shot a few test and really not too impressed for the moment. I need to further "overhaul" this lens ... Thus a base benchmark "7" overall mark/rating for the moment with sample images to come later once repairs are (hopefully) finalized.

Allez et salut, J
Add Review of aus JENA (Carl Zeiss) "S" (Sonnar) 135mm f4 (zebra)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!