Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Cosina Lenses » Zoom Lenses

Cosina 35-135mm F1:3.5-4.5

4.0
1 4,128 Tue May 16, 2017
Cosina 35-135mm F1:3.5-4.5

Lens is a single zoom focus ring in a push-pull configuration. A separate macro ring engages the macro extension which goes from 1:8 to 1:4. This is not an A model and the aperture has limited steps from 3.5 to 22.
Mount Type: Pentax K

Add Review of Cosina 35-135mm F1:3.5-4.5
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-1 of 1

Registered: October, 2016
Lens Review Date: May 16, 2017 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $10.00 | Rating: 7

Pros: Rather Sharp, easy to focus, natural colors, macro mode
Cons: zoom creep, macro only 1:4
Sharpness: 8    Aberrations: 8    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 4    Value: 9    Camera Used: K-S2

I found this lens on the Goodwill site in the original box for $10 and my hand trembled as I impulsively bid on the lens. I received the lens and it looked to be in almost new condition. The original price tag of $399 was still stuck to the bottom lens cap ... It was a dreary day here but I took it out into the back yard for a spin. (see pictures below)

Colors - I found the colors to be natural and well saturated.

Sharpness - the images I took were nicely sharp. Stopping down to F8 helped. Flash pictures were pleasantly sharp even at 135mm.

Bokeh - the shots I took where Bokeh was a factor were nice but not artistic like other lenses I own.

Handling - Can you say zoom creep ! Point the lens down and the zoom extends faster than my granddaughter down the playground slide. Focus throw was only 45 degrees and was a bit loose for my tastes. Also the minimum focus distance is about 2 feet unless you are in macro mode so the lens has it limitations. Size wise the lens is a little smaller than a Pentax FA 28-105 and a little lighter.

Macro - Macro mode seemed to be my favorite area of the lens. When you engage the macro ring the lens extends like it has built in extension tubes. Macro only works at 35mm.

All in all it is an interesting lens that I might use from time to time as it has a reasonable range and good macro mode. Pictures below.

Add Review of Cosina 35-135mm F1:3.5-4.5

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!