Log in or register to remove ads.

Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Miscellaneous Lenses » Prime Lenses
CPC Phase 2 MC Auto 28mm F/2.8 Review RSS Feed

CPC Phase 2 MC Auto 28mm F/2.8

10.0
3 18,702 Mon January 21, 2013
CPC Phase 2 MC Auto 28mm F/2.8

F2.8-22 +A: Focus 1.0 ft. to inf.: Filter: 49mm: Made by COSMICAR (a Pentax sub.): white bump.
Mount Type:

Add Review of CPC Phase 2 MC Auto 28mm F/2.8
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-3 of 3

Registered: December, 2011
Location: Alaska
Lens Review Date: January 21, 2013 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: Funcitons as SMC-A lens, nice color, easy to focus, inexpensive
Cons: Short focus throw as it goes from ~5' to infinity
Sharpness: 8    Aberrations: 8    Bokeh: 9    Handling: 9    Value: 10

My particular copy has slightly sticky aperture blades, however, I've been surprised and pleased with this lens. The colors are nice and I've not experienced any of the flare issues that other reviewers have noted. The aperture mode is very helpful, and I find the lens quite easy to manually focus. Feels like any other Pentax lens of the SMC-M / SMC-A era - probably more toward the SMC-M in terms of construction. My only complaint thus far relates to the relatively short throw for focusing, and especially as it goes from ~5' to infinity in a very short distance.

Registered: January, 2009
Location: Moorhead, MN
Lens Review Date: November 6, 2009 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $20.00 | Rating: 5

Pros: cheap, fun name, A
Cons: flare

Incredible flare. My copy had extreme backfocus, so I'm not too confident about QC. I picked up a Vivitar (not close focus) for the same price, and it beats this lens in pretty much every respect except build quality.

Registered: September, 2008
Location: Taos, New Mexico
Lens Review Date: November 12, 2008 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $9.99 | Rating: 8

Pros: Cheap, small, light weight
Cons: Slightly soft at the edges, 49mm filter size.

I won one of E-bay for ten bucks. Works well with my K200D. Equal to a 42mm on a FF (a poor-man's 21mm limited).
Add Review of CPC Phase 2 MC Auto 28mm F/2.8

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!