Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Miscellaneous Lenses » Zoom Lenses
Kalimar 18-28mm f4-4.5 MC, Auto, Zoom Review RSS Feed

Kalimar 18-28mm f4-4.5 MC, Auto, Zoom

1 12,192 Wed July 11, 2012
Kalimar 18-28mm f4-4.5 MC, Auto, Zoom

Can be found under many different banners. This version is made in Korea. Has the "A" aperture setting. 72mm filter. KR mount requires removal of Ricoh pin.
Mount Type:

Add Review of Kalimar 18-28mm f4-4.5 MC, Auto, Zoom
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-1 of 1

Registered: March, 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Lens Review Date: July 11, 2012 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $120.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Sharp with nice color.
Cons: None for the price.
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 8    Bokeh: 9    Handling: 9    Value: 9

I am giving this lens a 9. I have had it for almost 20 years. Mine is under the brand name Polar and I got it on a whim at Kimpo Airport in Seoul. I think I paid something like $120 for it brand new.

Not expecting much I was pleasantly surprised at the results. Pictures were sharp and the color was nice and vibrant. What is strange is that the whole front element assembly wobbles but it doesn't seem to affect image quality. For the price I am very happy with it.
Add Review of Kalimar 18-28mm f4-4.5 MC, Auto, Zoom

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!