Review statistics for SalPro
Latest Review Posted Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm F3.5 Sonnar MC - Zebra
Like most, I got this lens really cheap but with aperture jammed. After full service, wash (including each blade of aperture), and lubricating this thing was put together only to discover that aperture, while operational, not as smooth as supposed to be for Jena lens. Oil on aperture might being a problem before service, but after service it was only one part that was causing the problem: sliding rocker actuating aperture. It has, I assume, bronze (maybe bras) bushing that slides on steel rod. Rod appeared shiny but pretty rough. I don't think it was ever polished. Bushing developed significant radial play. Even with minor force it is tend to jam. Focus helices is pretty tough screw and can overcome this jam, but feel of focusing become nasty. I've tried many different lubricants, Lithium, Calcium and Teflon grease. Nothing works well. Fed-up, I've realised that sliding rocker is only for auto. If Auto in not must have for you, aperture can be controlled this sliding rocker. With my mirror-less this is definitely useless thing. I remove bunch of parts and fashion spring out of paper clip. I also have to remove one of aperture's end stops to allow clearance for new spring. There is another stop that perfectly adequate for securing end of motion for aperture. After this mod my lens is silky smooth and aperture is fully functional without any issue. Though no more auto pin or preview lever. IQ of this lens is great! Super sharp, corner to corner, even wide open. Despite the...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!