Review statistics for Albert Silver
Latest Review Posted Mamiya / Sekor 55mm F 1.4
I knew the limitations I would suffer using an M42 lens (with no correction glass) on a Nikon F-mount, but wanted to test it out and see if this was a doable experiment. The maximum focus distance with this Mamiya/Sekor 55 f/1.4 is 1m65 with this lens, or between 5.5 and 6 feet, from the tip of the lens. Since my purpose was portraiture and the like, this did not bother me too much.

The lens render beautifully, and I cannot believe how sharp it is even wide open. At f/1.7 it sharpens up considerably, and this is my preferred aperture overall for it. The bokeh and warm colors are beautiful, and my only real complaint is the ease with which it flares if a strong light is pointed towards it.

I purchased it for a very modest $35 on eBay, and it came with a filter. the lens is extremely clean and I have removed almost all the Thorium yellowing with a cheap IKEA lamp I had lying around, that I pointed at it for 2-3 days. Here are a couple of images shot with it.

Shot at f/1.7

Also shot at f/1.7

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!