Review statistics for dronegeek
User's Lens View Count 11,964
Latest Lens Addition soligor-95-310mm-960x640.jpg
Soligor C/D 95-310mm f/5.6 MC Macro
Latest Review Posted Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC HSM
This is my go to lens for wide shots and portraits where I have limited space.

Sharpness - This lens is a bit soft wide open but sharpens up very nicely by F3.5. I gave the lens a 10 but in reality it is more of a 9.5

Colors - I find the colors natural and balanced. I rarely have to mess with the saturation.

AF- The HSM motor is quiet and quick. It is not my fastest focusing lens but since most of my shots are stationary it is fine.

Handling - As others have indicated the lens is a bit heavy but I do not mind trading a bit of weight for the lower aperture. I shoot mine on a tripod half the time which negates the weight.

All in all I am very happy with the investment. It goes wide to 17mm and shooting around 24-35mm it is absolutely splendid.

Example pic

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!