Review statistics for cometguy
Latest Review Posted Tokina AT-X 20-35mm Pro F2.8
I'm reviewing an AF version (AI/F-mount) that I bought in mint condition off eBay from Japan for my two Nikon full-frame cameras; the cost stated includes shipping and taxes (and not including a UV protective filter that I had to buy for it separately). I agree with what many of the reviewers of this lens have said here, and their positive reviews is what got me to buy this lens to make my Nikon D800 more useful (without spending too much money on my Nikon equipment). This lens is very good at keeping distortions to a minimum for such a wide-angle zoom lens, and it works well wide open. (I will add in results in this review from astrophotography testing at a future date.) The included plastic tulip hood is necessary but works well. This lens feels very solid and has a good metal build. It can be somewhat challenging to manually focus precisely at the wide end (20mm), but that's true with all wide-angle lenses; the AF works really well on the D800. I have good Pentax lenses to cover this range for my Pentax cameras, but if I didn't, I might buy this in K-mount and I can recommend this lens to Pentax-camera owners. One has to fiddle a little to get the ring to shift between AF and MF, as has been noted in other reviews; somebody wrote that you have to turn the ring until the marker is at the current AF setting in order to shift back and forwards. I personally don't find the shifting to be that big of a deal, as I'll generally stay mostly in either MF mode or AF mode fo...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:47 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!