Review statistics for peterh337
Latest Review Posted Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye
I bought the Sigma 15mm f2.8 fisheye from what is almost certainly a grey importer; 360 versus 500 from the big names.

A very nice lens, really well made.

I can speak only as a "rectilinear user" since I am not after a fisheye effect at all, and bought this lens because there are almost no modern wide angle lenses for the full-frame K1. There is the Pentax 15-30 which is a very expensive and very heavy (over 1kg) chunk of glass, making the K1+lens over 2kg.

This lens can be de-fished pretty well (I use Lightroom 6.5) so it is a good solution for this requirement. It supports the "A" (aperture controlled by camera) and autofocus modes, which you won't get with any of the old film-era lenses. This shortage of modern lenses is a big drawback of the K1, but it didnd't bother me much since I rarely need wide angle and shoot mostly with the excellent Pentax 24-70 f2.8.

Anyway, here we go:

Uncorrected

With the lens profile applied in LR 6.5

The 2nd pic had the highlights reduced a little. But this is just an illustration of what LR does when the lens profile is applied. It turns the fisheye into a rectilinear lens. Interesting! You can see the angle of view is reduced (obviously - you are applying pincushion, so have to crop) and my wild guess is a loss of about 10 degrees. so maybe that makes it a 17mm or so lens... still a...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!