Review statistics for ramseybuckeye
User's Lens View Count 477,451
Latest Lens Addition Promaster50-20110703_0057.jpg
Promaster 50mm 1:1.7 MC
Latest Review Posted Kiron 28mm F2 MC
I have had this lens for just a few months and just completed a month of using it in a "Single in Month" challenge, so I have gotten to know it. This is a fine lens. The sharpness of this lens is incredible, I first noticed when I took a night photo with it and zoomed in on some distant objects. So many lenses are sharp on close objects but lose detail on distant objects, with this lens those details are there along with the color. The lens' color rendition is excellent. I've taken quite a few night pictures with this lens and it produces excellent starbursts. Too bright of lights will cause flare, it doesn't have the coating of a modern lens, I have not found that as a problem that I can't work around, I do use a screw on rubber hood with mine.

I have never been very good with manual focusing. But with a K-30 and focus peaking this works great. But even without focus peaking I can use this lens because infinity focus is very short and the focus ring doesn't go past infinity.

I list Manual focus, no A setting as cons, because if this had an A setting it would be better, and if it were autofocus, it would be perfect. But without them it is still a great lens.

I did not list a price because I got this lens at an estate sale with other items, so the price is not representative of it's worth.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!