Review statistics for matoqui
Latest Review Posted Voigtlander 40mm F/2 Ultron SLII
These are my impressions after using the lens for 3 weeks. I find this lens to be top quality, both optically and mechanically. The focal length, equivalent to 60 mm when used on a k20d, is very convenient. Focusing is very smooth and precise. Comes with a matched close-up adapter that allows the lens to do a quarter of life size. Using the adapter introduces no distortion that I can see. Wide open I find the lens to be sharp but of course requires careful focusing due to the shallow depth of field.

The only negative characteristic that I have observed is that the lens suffers from CA in very high contrast areas. This has not been a problem for the kind of photography I normally do, but is clearly visible under the right conditions. I think I read in photozone that this is a common problem with fast lenses. This doesn't affect most of my images , so I gave the lens a rating of 10; having the possibility I would have rated it 9.5 due to the CA.

The following image illustrates the CA. The aperture was f2.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!