Review statistics for newmikey
Latest Review Posted Revuenon 55mm F1.2 MC
I had some time with both this lens and the Porst 55mm/f1.2 and this one won out in the end. What I would recommend to all in order to squeeze the maximum contrast out of this lens is to buy one of those metal screw-in hoods - it makes an incredible difference to the output.

Razor-thin DOF so extra hard to focus but I've managed to get around 50% keepers out of it and for an MF lens wide open, that is pretty good. It is built like a tank, all-metal and the focus is smooth (I sometimes operate it with one finger). The output outperforms the 50mm A and F lenses I've owned in the past.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/757/32584189861_442b0e73bf_b.jpgBicycle bokeh by Mike Bing, on Flickr

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/530/31865510814_1f7461966c_b.jpgVictor by Mike Bing, on Flickr

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!