Review statistics for older not wiser
Latest Review Posted Cosina 24mm f/2.8 MC MACRO
Found this lens on e-bay late last year. Claimed to be brand new and certainly looked it. I was the only bidder. I am really pleased with the performance of this lens. I purchased it to replace my sigma 24mm super-wide that has siezed up. It out performs the sigma on all counts. The lens is sharp at all apertures, and has good contrast. Not really a true macro lens, as close focus is a property of wide angle prime lenses, that said the shots taken with this lens at close focus have been excellent. My two niggles with this lens are that the focus ring turns in the other direction to Pentax lenses and the paint finish is very soft and susceptible to scratching. In the past Cosina has not had the best reputation. But I have heard that it was subcontracted to manufacture Nikon lenses in the past. Also the optics made for Cosina's Voightlander range are superb, so maybe we should not be surprised that they have made such a good lens. Not sure when this lens was available in the shops, but if you can find one in good condition buy it, you will not regret it.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!