Review statistics for NewTake
User's Lens View Count 71,708
Latest Lens Addition DSCN9969.JPG
Ricoh Rikenon xr 35mm f2.8
Latest Review Posted Tamron SP AF 24-135mm F/3.5-5.6 AD Aspherical [IF]
I bought this lens so I can have a good all around lens, when carrying multiple primes and other lenses isn’t ideal. This certainly fit the bill. I researched other lenses close to this focal range (even the 18-135 pentax da) and this one seemed to have the best image quality, and you cant go wrong with the 6 year warranty, which blows everyone else out of the water. The other ‘super zooms’ like the 28-250’s and the like seemed to sacrifice a lot of image quality for the useful range, which this one does not seem to do. I had many photos taken at the long end of 135mm and they came out great. I paid a bit more than most people did here, but it is because it has been discontinued and I bought it new. I used it daily when I was on vacation, and so far I am pleased with the results. I also own the tamron 10-24mm, so these two lenses together can have me covered for almost any type of landscape, portrait, or architectural shooting. It is heavy, but it is also compact in length at 24mm and balances well on the k7 w/battery grip. Without the grip it may be a little large in diameter. There is small amounts of CA, in both the magenta/cyan and blue/yellow ranges, so it can take a little more time to correct than a lens that just has one type. I am sure once I get some presets set up in Lightroom to correct it, it will be a lot quicker. No noticeable PF as of yet, which is good. The sharpness across the frame seems good for this wide focal range. After more usage I will edit this, if...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!