Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for secateurs
Latest Review Posted Sigma AF DL Macro Super 70-300mm F4-5.6
Ok, i bought this lens brand new back in 2001 for a whopping price, to use on my MZ-50. I used the lens for 3 years quite heavily. It has sat unused for a few years now, and I am about to resurrect it when I buy a K-5, to use until I can afford a better long zoom. This review deals with my impressions of the lens on the MZ-50 (film) body. I will update when I have tried it on my K-5. I shot almost exclusively in Fuji Reala 100 and Superia 800 (both aged professional films). Sharpness: When I was using this lens I didn't know too much about the effect of using the lens wide open on sharpness. I pretty much used it wide open all the time (as I liked to shoot Reala when possible). I found sharpness quite acceptable (at the time) at 70mm, but at 300mm it was getting a bit soft wide open. Score: 5 (because of softness at long end) Aberration/vignetting: Colour reproduction wasn't quite as good as my Sigma 28-80mm. Vignetting was never an issue (but I didn't shoot brick walls just for the fun of it with film!) Low Dispersion glass (DL) is nice. The lens hood works well. Score: 7 Bokeh: It's not a super-fast lens, but it did beat out my 28-80mm from 70-80mm by 1.6 stops! For this reason I preferred to have it on my camera most of the time. This is a great lens for portraits / candids! (on full frame, that is!) The 70mm is a great starting focal length, and you have the reach when you need it. Bokeh is reasonable. 9 blades, but not curved. Score: 7 Autofocus: The screw...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:32 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!