Review statistics for Chuckie
Latest Review Posted Revuenon 55mm F1.2 MC
I recently bought one of these from a PF member. The build quality is good. The image quality is stunning! I took some photos with the subject in the corner to test it and even at f/1.2 it was very sharp. There was some PF at f/1.2, but it was gone from f/2 onwards. Focusing is tricky wide open (extremely shallow DoF) but this is to be expected (practise practise practise). The colours are great! The only issue (to be expected with a fully manual lens not designed by Pentax) is integration with bodies and this is due to the abnormal position of the aperture-coupling lever. So far it works fine with older film bodies, but it does not like the PZ1-p. I am still testing with the K5. On digital it is easy enough to test and check so this is not a biggie. I am very happy with my purchase. I can see some of my other 50's getting the boot soon.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!