Review statistics for sungibr
Latest Review Posted Tamron-F 1.4X Pz-AF MC4
Here in Brazil, Pentax is not as popular as the big 2 guys, so is hard to find compatible acessories. A couple of years ago, I had the oportunity to buy a pair of this TC, new and for a reeeeeeeeally good price, because allmost nobody uses Pentax here, and the shop was selling it as a "take it off quickly, ok" deal.

At that time I tested with a 18-135 and a Takumar F 70-200 (a sweeeet lens. Very good IQ) and liked a lot the results. But i don't use Telelenses so often and sold the two TC's.

I don't need to say I missed then afterwards, and have been looking for another good deal like that. Some days ago I finally found and this time I'll keep it, just waiting those "large diameter telephoto lens" from the Photokina display ;)

My conclusion is this: If you find one, buy it. The IQ is great, if the lens is great. AF works with SDM and DC lenses, as well as Screwdrive. Some may be slow, like the 16-50, the only SDM lens I have, but mine copy is screwdrive converted, so dont know if thats what's affecting the behavior. With the 18-135, AF works normal, and screwdrive native lenses works Ok too.

EDIT 2015-01-19: I just bought a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM II and unfortunately it doesn't work well with it. The AF focus ok at 70mm, but beyond 100mm it hunts and doesn't lock focus at all. Just odd, as focus can be achieved via manual operation.
So, the Tamrom TC combined with Sigma 70-200 cannot be used in AF but if you use the combo in manual, the rest rem...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!