Review statistics for Mans Hagberg
Latest Review Posted Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC HSM
A very good all-around lens. 17 mm gives extra wide coverage. 2,8 all the way is quite bright. Feels well built. Very good value for money. Not weather sealed. The front lens seems to attract more dust than usually. I shoot RAW and use the auto-correction in Photoshop CS6. Makes no big change but makes straight lines straight. I have used the Sigma 18-50 2,8 for the last decade and lately on he K5. I felt that combination was good enough for me and quite handy. Then the K5 broke down and i upgraded. The K3II is a wee bit bigger than the K5 and a bit heavier. The Sigma 17-50 is bigger and heavier than the 18-50. Together, I find that the combination feels substantially bigger and heavier to lug around and looks less discreet. The extra wide angle is a benefit and the technical picture quality has improved, a plus when it comes to rotating and cropping a shot. All in all, this is now my standard set-up. A technical improvement but at substantial cost in size and lack of discretion.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!