Review statistics for zapp
Latest Review Posted Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM (Art)
I tried two different lenses within 14 months. The first one was off the scale on my K1 for fine adjustment. For an extra 50 bucks you can buy a Sigma dock - that only works for two lenses - only one of which interests me. This gimmick is just an 8% price increase. First time I did not bother buying the dock. Without working AF adjust the lens did not work at all. In live view the lens lived up to the performance reported in other reviews. Tried a second copy 14 months later. Paid for the dock - value rating goes down to 7 for the extra charge. I spent quite some time adjusting with the dock, lens was within tolerance. Focus afterwards was erratic. In the meantime I have used D-FA* 50 for quite some time. No erratic focus and significantly better performance. Colors look more lively on Pentax also - sorry Sigma ART, sharpness rating goes down to 9. Handling rating with dock goes down to 6. Lens rotates focus in the wrong - non Pentax - direction, dock is required and takes extra time for fine adjustment. In theory this is a great lens. It covers a base where Pentax still relies on the FA*31. At the end it is not on the same level as D-FA* 50. My Hollywood 28 will have to do the job until a wide angle D-FA* prime appears. I am done with Sigma lenses on Pentax.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!