Review statistics for deepblue
Latest Review Posted Sigma APO 100-300mm F4 EX DG
Wonder of wonders I never would have expected owning this lens knowing this had been a discontinued Sigma model but I was carried by the many positive reviews about it. So I never would have expected seeing this lens popping up on ebay in 'mint' or 'New (other)' category on ebay UK. On the first try I failed winning the bid but fate must have caught up with me so when the winning bidder failed to pay for the lens and it was relisted by the seller, I took my chance which had me risking selling 3 of my lenses to afford it. I let go of my Pentax DA 55-300mm f4-5.8 ed, DA16-45 f4 ed al and my 'prized' pentax dfa 100mm macro wr (which I suffered a few sleepless nights afterwards). The only benefit I'm looking forward was to be able to avoid hiring a DA* 300mm F4 from SRS Microsystems when shooting airplanes on airshows and to that regard, I wasn't disappointed. When I got hold of the lens it was literally 'clean' inside out despite my fears of fungal signs that one must gamble when buying used lenses at ebay. As technology do have its 'quirks' however which you get as a bonus after paying to own a device which promises to deliver it, it isn't perfect but came just all 'too perfect' to fulfill my intentions of doing away with hiring a dedicated telephoto lens to shoot airplanes on airshows. One notable aspect of this lens is rendering propeller blur just as appropriate when shooting propeller driven airplanes and helicopter main and tail rotors. It's simply awesome. As for a macro...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!