Review statistics for dme
User's Lens View Count 242,042
Latest Lens Addition tamroncz825_1.jpg
Tamron Adaptall 80-250mm F3.8-4.5 (Model CZ-825)
Latest Review Posted Tamron Adaptall Z500/CZ500 200-500mm F6.9
Another one for the Adaptall collection. The JCII sticker indicates it was made in 1975. This makes it a Z-500. The rubber has all perished and gone, and there is a lot of difficult-to-access fungus. Based on the fungus extent, and the impact of cleaning the fungus off other lenses, I believe it is severely affecting the image quality, especially the contrast, and to a lesser extent the resolution. Catch-In-Focus doesn't work presumably because the camera never recognises the image is in focus. Nevertheless, at f11 I'm getting lens resolution comparable with my Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG and my Tamron Mirror 500mm 55BB; there's just a bit more fringing. At F6.9 there is A LOT of red fringing. The weight makes it rock solid on my tripod. It's much less affected by vibration than the mirror 55BB. Whilst in its current state my copy isn't recommended, I think a clean copy would be good. 1.0.0.20

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!