Review statistics for BLACKDRAGON
Latest Review Posted Tamron SP MF 90mm F2.8 MACRO 1:1 (72B)
I have six macro lens in my collection and the three Tamrons in there are the 52B, 72B and the 272E. I really do like the 72B as it feels "right" in the hand, the weight is just enough to feel that's it's well made and solid. I'm not really a fan of lens barrels made of plastic but with Tamron I can make an exception as it is constructed with quality in mind. The images are really sharp, with a lovely bokeh, and good contrast and saturation in the colours. To be honest when using different macro lens of different fixed focal lengths in one day I adapt to the different throws rather than trying to make the lens adapt...if you get my meaning. Focusing is spot on and I always have the K5 in manual mode so using a manual focus lens is much better for macro anyway as I tend to take a lot of shots handheld rather than on a tripod so I use a set focus and lean in and out to get the shot. I bought the lens in "as new" condition and every control moves at just the right tension and pressure. The Adaptall mount is firm and tight when locked in so I have had no problems there. A very sharp lens, easy to use, solidly made and I've always been pleased with the result when shooting macro. If you're thinking of getting one then, in my opinion, it a great lens and well worth the price paid.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!