Review statistics for airjames
Latest Review Posted Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM (Art)
I just had to give it a 10 but still I'm going be super nitpicky since I want to be thorough in the review to give you an idea of what to expect. The negatives: Pin cushioning at closer objects Heavy weight and size of lens(EDIT: You learn to get around this esp for the IQ) Lack of Lightroom 4 and Aftershot lens profiles(EDIT: LR 5 has them) These negatives can be overlooked if you can build your own LR profile(anyone have any to share?), use PTLens or some other postprocessing software that has a lens profile. It's not too bad of a distortion but with a lens this sharp, you see the lines curving. The weight is a drawback for heavy usage and even normal travel. It's heavier than all my other lenses as it's got quite a bit of glass. My heaviest zoom lens in the range is a Tamron 28-75 f2.8 and it's lighter than this. Expect to be holding it a lot with two hands. The size isn't bad but because the weight is throughout the lens it becomes a factor when holding with one hand because it is heavier in the front as a result of longer length. Definitely harder to hold than my tank-like all metal Pentax FA 50mm f2.8 macro which is a fairly large 50mm. The reason for the 10 is that despite all this, in the end the main reason I got this lens was for low light and faster shutter speed usage weighing heavily on sharpness and bokeh at f1.4 and this delivers in what is most important: image quality. I couldn't believe it when the image was tack sharp at 1.4 and stopping down...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!