Review statistics for 2her0ck
User's Lens View Count 2,856
Latest Lens Addition 204117286_a83cf25b-a69c-41fd-860e-0f47d9ca079d.jpg
Chinonflex 35mm F2.8
Latest Review Posted Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG APO OS HSM
Was traveling to Tokyo, Japan and had planned to buy this lens there while planning the trip. In Tokyo I went to many of the famous camera shops and ended up at the well known MAP camera store in Shinjuku. There they had the lens on clearance (I knew this as I had checked online beforehand) and they had the last one in stock. Lucky me!

Sure got an extra discount for the last one and left pretty happy. The camera gear collection you see in stores there, old and new, you cannot find anywhere in the world! So much eye candy!

Well, onto the lens review. I have had this lens since May 2014 and seriously have not been able to take full advantage of it. Many different reasons. My Pentax K-30 broke while staying in India, so had no camera for a year to use the lens with. Also the lens is quite heavy, so have had to leave it home while traveling. I am not a tripod user and carrying it around in public transport and walking is just not fun.

For the few times I have used it, it is excellent! It is still better than carrying a 150-500mm Bigma which are just too big! Using an APS-C Camera gives me even longer focal length but I think for myself it may be an overkill.

Images are sharp when used with a tripod or if you have extremely strong and steady hands.
I would recommend this lens any day over the larger Bigmas but if you don't need the longer range, then better to go for a 70-200mm F2.8 lens which are much sharper, compact and faster.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!