Log in or register to remove ads.

Review statistics for Das Boot
Latest Review Posted Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 Di LD Macro
I had bought this lens and was real excited to take it out and use it. I got that chance a few days later and was really let down. While the optics are beyond great, the build quality (or possibly a design flaw) leave a lot to be desire. The aperture linkage would get stuck wide open. It would require a dismount of the lens and a flick of the finger on the aperture linkage to get it unstuck. In about 45 minutes of shooting - this happened at least 8 times! After doing a search I noticed that I wasn't the only one... Please be aware that this is a common problem with this lens in the K mount. The lens does come with a 6 year warranty, but the average turn around time for the fix was 2 months. Just a heads up. When Tamron finally fixes this issue, it will be a great lens for me to own again.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!