Review statistics for timbo
Latest Review Posted Revuenon 55mm F1.2 MC
I was lucky enough to buy this from a friend, who had searched high and low for this particular release for the German market. I believe the main difference with mine is the cosmetics. The lens is completely metal, and has a satisfying weight to it. The aperture ring has a lovely satisfying click to it, and when the shutter operates, it also creates a unique and healthy sound. I haven't been into photography for long, but I already have some fantastic lenses which carry 9/10 plus reviews on this forum and others, and this is my most prized so far. In terms of usability and almost complete inability to take a bad shot, this lens blows my others out of the water. At f/1.2, you can point this thing at almost anything and create a fantastic abstract shot. Take it a step further and think about which sort of backgrounds will look great as a blur, such as interesting textures and edges, and you will get some incredible captures. Take it up to 2.8, or no wider than 2 for effective face shots, particularly of animals with longer snouts/muzzles. For Portrait shots where a greater depth of field is required - taken down the length of tables for example, a smaller aperture will not harm the effects this lens produces. In low light, atmospheric settings, a higher ISO can be used with the grain adding a nice effect. The same can be said for harsh light like midday sunlight. I've rated this lens a 10 for abberations, because if this effect is classed as an abberation, which I guess it is...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!