Review statistics for jakemness
Latest Review Posted Revuenon 55mm F1.2 MC
I really love this lens. I had been wanting a f1.2 lens for the longest time. I know, I know... I'm a bokeholic. I'm trying to get help.

I had tried to not get my hopes up about the sharpness @f1.2, because I was sure it was going to let me down... but let me tell you... if you nail focus with this lens, you're really going to nail it. I can't believe how sharp it can be at f1.2. Even at f2 you get a great sharp image with great bokeh. Of course, people are going to complain about it not being sharp at f1.2 because they can't wrangle this beast. The area that's in focus is tiny, so any tiny movement of the camera can throw that focused area off. I've yet to become too attached to this lens because everything I've shot (so far) has been that same CRAZY SHALLOW DEPTH OF FIELD... and it all starts to look the same to me; subject only a tiny bit in focus, and everything else dissolving into a water painting. There are worse problems to have, I am sure. I only have a few hours on this lens though, so I'll report back if anything changes.

You won't regret this lens though, I'll tell you that much. Just try to get it for a bargain (that makes it all the more favorable). :p

....and of course it's easy to not focus on a puppy when it never stops running around :)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!