Review statistics for Barabas
Latest Review Posted Revuenon 55mm F1.2 MC
This lens is amazing, I bought it because I got a chance to purchase it for a reasonable price (140 dollar), and because it was reviewed even better then the K50/1.2, which I was originally looking for. The sharpness at f1.2 is great! Ofcourse the dof is very, very narrow so most of the image often will not be sharp ;) Contrast however is a bit low wide open, but that can be easily fixed in post. Maybe the use of a hood will improve contrast, didn't use it so far. Stopping down to f2 the contrast improves a lot and the sharpness starts to be more impressive. I waited a long time buying a f1.2 lens because I always thought the results at f1.2 would be disappointing and the price difference with a f1.4 lens would be way to much. Now this Revuenon proved me wrong, at f1.2 it is absolutely usable and at least my copy wasn`t that expensive. Testshot wide open https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/68217/large/1_Revuenon_55mm_f1.jpg I think it is a Tomioka designed/ produced lens in a `2nd` edition. The 1st edition being the 55mm f1.2 with partly cut out rear element, this 2nd edition without the cut out part. Both versions have been sold as Revuenon, Rikenon, Chinon and Cosinon. Yashica probably only sold the 1st version, Vivitar only the 2nd version, and there was also the Tomioka Tominon, which seems to have sold in 3 versions ;) The Porst 55mm f1.2 is often mentioned in one breath with the others but clearly is a different lens and was produced by Cosina; 6 element...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!