Review statistics for dlacouture
User's Lens View Count 95,962
Latest Lens Addition Porst_55mm_small.jpg
Porst 55mm F1.2 Color Reflex MC Auto
Latest Review Posted Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM
I bought this lens on a whim (hard to resist a 200 deal on this)...

Having long abandoned any hope of finding a good-fast-cheap normal lens for my APS-C DSLR, I stumbled upon this lens by chance in a second-hand shelf at the local retailer...
Well, for the price, I'm quite happy!

I was a huge fan of fast 50s on film cameras. I loved the warm, cozy feeling made by those ultra-fast normal lens, the dreamy focus it gave to the traditional My-Kid-Is-Playing shots, with backgrounds blown into bokeh-oblivion, and I was utterly nostalgic of such looks.
Without equaling the buttery effect of a 50/1.2 lens on 24x36, this lens produces a quite satisfying effect (nothing comes short anyway, if you don't count the Samyang 35/1.4).

If you are into spontaneous portraits, it's a nice lens to have in one's arsenal, IMO...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!