Review statistics for Fenwoodian
User's Lens View Count 10,147
Latest Lens Addition z25.jpg
Zeiss 25mm f/2
Latest Review Posted Zeiss 25mm f/2
I just finished converting a Zeiss ZF Distagon 25mm f/2 lens from the Nikon F mount to the Pentax K mount.

I used the terrific Leitax F to K adapter mount with their "long screws". It fits nice and tight on my K1 and functions perfectly.

I'm just starting to shoot and get to know this lens. From initial testing, I have found that the far corners and edges are at their very best at f/11 and f/16 (see McD's photo below).

Colors are nice. Sharpness is incredible. At f/2 and f/2.4 you will have a very thin depth of field and nice bokeh!

Compared with the Zeiss 25/2.8, I'd say that this lens is much sharper, with a bit more distortion/field curvature, and wide open it has better bokeh/depth/subject-isolation.

Also, I have not noticed any of the purple fringing that so many of the other Zeiss lenses exhibit at wide apertures.

Also, the internal components of this lens are more "Milvus like" than any of the other "Classic" Zeiss lenses are. This is the only "Classic" Zeiss lens that I have converted that has the thin metal gaskets inside of it that the Zeiss Milvus lenses have.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!