Review statistics for Skodadriver
User's Lens View Count 5,578
Latest Lens Addition IMGP7587_658x1024_.jpg
KENLOCK-Mc.tor MC 28-200mm F3.8-5.5
Latest Review Posted Vivitar (komine) Auto Telephoto 135mm F2.8
My Kominie made, 8 blade, milled focus ring arrived today so I took it outside for a quick trial. I should have shone a torch through it first to check the optics because when I did so the torch showed what might have been a scattering of dust (or something, Balsam separation?) across at least one element and fringes of fungus at the edges. I have tried to evaluate this lens taking into consideration the detrimental effect the problems might have caused on the contrast. Good points are that this lens feels well built and smooth in operation, probably has been hardly used but maybe it is just very well built and it has the F2.8 aperture for use in isolating subjects and focussing and the 8 bladed iris. Bad points are that F2.8 is not sharp, though it gets sharper stopping down (as would be expected) I do not think this is the sharpest lens I have had in 135mm at any aperture (and in my copy the aforementioned stuff on one or some of the elements). It is usable (even with the slight reduction in contrast I suspect I am getting) and compares favourably with my other manual focus 135mm lenses but it is not likely to be my favourite. A good value lens in many respects and at the price I can recommend it, just cannot award it a 10 in any category, there are many legacy 135s out there and I look forward to finding my perfect 10.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!