Review statistics for Skodadriver
User's Lens View Count 3,770
Latest Lens Addition IMGP7587_658x1024_.jpg
KENLOCK-Mc.tor MC 28-200mm F3.8-5.5
Latest Review Posted Tamron 70-300mm F4-5.6 AF Di LD Macro
On a tight budget but want an AF zoom to 300mm? New to DSLR photography and need to get better without plunging into the deep end? This could be a good buy and is 450mm on APSC). I bought my K100D Super bundled with this lens. Early use was pleasing (my use of long lenses to 300mm with film had not been at all pleasing). The Pentax 55-300mm is probably better in almost every aspect but not necessarily by much. I recommend this lens because; It doesn't cost a lot and it's direct competitor in the budget market the Sigma 70-300mm is not really any better in my view. The Pentax DA is more sought after and if you are shopping for used it can cost 2 or more times a Tamron, even as much as a new Tamron! It has a pseudo macro mode! As has been reported in the other reviews, you will need to narrow the FL and aperture parameters to get better images, from 100-200mm the Tamron is better, 300mm can provide pleasing images though. Stopped down a couple is best. Don't be surprised if the AF is noisy and alerts living subjects. Learn to avoid or PP aberrations inherent in this lens. I have learned a bit about my ignorance from using this lens, now I try not to let SR compensate for my wobbly shooting. I have found TAV mode to be a great help, choosing an aperture and speed and letting the camera sort the ISO. I have invested in a monopod as I am too lazy to cart around a tripod. Choosing to use spot metering, single point AF when they are needed. Don't dismiss this lens after reading t...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!