Review statistics for Skodadriver
User's Lens View Count 7,401
Latest Lens Addition IMGP2251_683x1024_.jpg
Komura 75-150mm F4.5-F32
Latest Review Posted Makinon ( Prinzflex Hanimex etc etc ) 200mm f3.3
I bought a Hanimex 200mm F3.3 M42 today along with a case (not branded) and a Canon LENS MOUNT CONVERTER P. The price was too good to miss, it has an auto pin and M and A switch, a little dust in it but all works smoothly apart from the incorporated hood which is loose and annoying. I also have a Makinon 200mm F3.3 with Konica AR mount to compare it to and there is a difference, the Makinon has a minimum aperture of F16, not F22 that the Hanimex boasts. I have an image of them both side by side, the rest of the lenses are near enough similar to assume they are probably the same lens. Good points; Obviously cheap, I would have been happy with a $20 price tag, Sharper than many budget zooms at 200mm, probably on a par with my Chinon 200mm F3.5. It is a prime and F8-11 are sharp enough for me. It seems well made and has the A-M switch so the auto pin does not have to come into play with my Pentax M42 to K adapter. Bad points; It is quite heavy but not unwieldy on my K-5, a Kr or Kx might notice the weight a lot more. F3.3 is a little soft and the lens only has full stops. The wider apertures provide CA (purple and green seen so far) but F8 onwards is good. The A-M switch is too close to the aperture ring and camera and very easy to move but changing the aperture with fat fingers can also move the A-M switch. As I mentioned earlier the hood has a loose fit. I'm rating this an 8,https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=12783&pictureid=120211 which might s...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!