Review statistics for e-mountista
Latest Review Posted Tokina RMC 28mm F2.8
I have three 28mm lenses, this Tokina RMC, a Rokkor MD, and a Yashica ML, and they go from good to better to best in that order. There is nothing wrong with the Tokina, and the image quality is only slightly inferior to the other two lenses. It's not so much a question of sharpness or other big issues (though it is a little less sharp than the Yashica wide open), but more a question of color, contrast, micro-contrast, special sauce, etc. It the Tokina were all I had, I would be very satisfied with it. I could surely tweak the camera settings or work up the files in post and it would be a perfectly fine 28mm f2.8. One other thing is I think it's slightly less wide than my other two 28mm lenses, like maybe it's really closer to a 30mm, but this is not scientific.

I don't want to run this lens down. It's quite decent and has good build quality. I DO recommend it very much as long as you don't pay too much for it.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!