Review statistics for bygp
User's Lens View Count 20,687
Latest Lens Addition 57.JPG
Mitakon 35-70mm 3.5-4.5 MC Zoom
Latest Review Posted Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f/3.5 (Version 2) - made by Tokina
EDIT : I think the issues I had came from my Hoya UV filter, I did some new tests wo this ... filter and it looks much much better, I so changed my ratings. (but I wont be able to use a hood, at least not a screw as my filter thred had a shock and can't be used... EDIT 2 : as i've not yet used it for landscape shots wo the faulty filter, cannot say if its a good landscape scenes lens. Will come back once Ive done that. At least it's a good macro lens with a very smooth bokeh. Perhaps I had a bad model on e-bay, idk, but this lens realy sucks concerning focusing. Focusing ring is far too lose and focusing sensibility of the ring is loose too, if you dont keep your hand on the ring, you loose focus. Plus the uk seller was not honnest, he did not mention that filter thread was damaged and unusable :fedup: 2. f3.5 aperture renders bad with CA and softness, so u will have to switch to 5.6 3. there is not a f6.7 stop, u go directlu from 5.6 to 8, weird... I've been very disapointed after a long test shooting, almost 95% DNG to garbage ! I'm fed up with zoom now, my SMC 135 is a jewel in comparison. I would rather recommand to find a god SMC 80-200 with the 8 blades diaph. I had one but unfortunatly it had haze between lens so that I could only take pics with sun in my back, and these pics were great from 80 to 200. But atm I stop buying budget zooms, waste of money :mad:

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!