Showing all 2 reviews by lezama

Review of: Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 500mm f/8 Mirror (55BB) by lezama on Thu November 6, 2014 | Rating: 10 View more reviews
IGP2290.jpg

Views: 71575
Reviews: 23
Great lens, great optics, great quality. I tried other mirror lenses and long teles and this one was light years ahead. The price was very reasonable which is good for a lens that has limited use. I put it through my usual lens tests and it performed surprisingly well, almost matching other Pentax telephotos. The colors are quite good too.

Review of: Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM by lezama on Fri January 25, 2013 | Rating: 9 View more reviews
sigma18-250mm.jpg

Views: 77919
Reviews: 22
I am a semi-pro who owns both Nikon and Pentax equipment. I prefer the Pentax (2 of them) outdoors because they are smaller and lighter. Anyway, I bought this lens for the Pentaxes after reading the reviews of the equivalent Pentax lens (18-270). The Sigma was slightly better rated and it was almost $300 cheaper. As any "super zoom" would go, it is a little soft at both ends, but if you want extreme sharpness all over you get a "prime" lens instead. Super zooms are intended as "walk about" or travel lenses where one wants to carry only one lens or not take the time to change lenses. That said, this lens was sharper than I expected, except at the extremes, and very well built. The outofocus is of the latest most advanced type (silent) and works great. I matched it against the Pentax 18-135 lens I already had and it was close in sharpness but the Pentax lens beat it in contrast and color. These were maximun resolution pictures at 100% enlargement, something you don't normally do. So yes, I am very pleased with the lens and now I can carry two Pentax cameras with different lenses without having to change them. Incidentally, I use a K-5 and a K-10, and occasionally do film in a XZ-L. I do mostly landscapes and fitness models, mosty all outdoors, so the "slowness" of super zooms does not affect me much as I live in South Florida. Hope this helps! This a GREAT forum for Pentax!!!!

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:25 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!