Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Ricoh Lenses » Prime Lenses

52mm filters
six aperture blades
full-stop aperture clicks

Add Review of Ricoh 28mm f/2.8 Rikenon P
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-3 of 3

Registered: July, 2017
Location: Arizona

Lens Review Date: February 26, 2018 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $25.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Small , Light weight , Inexpensive
Cons: None for a Manual lens
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 7    Bokeh: 7    Handling: 9    Value: 9    Camera Used: K30 , K-1 , K3II , KP

There's not really anything negative to say about this very common little lens for what it is.

I have several iterations (and copies) of the 28mm Rikenon P , and also the XR version.
This is just about equal in every respect to the others , and I cant really tell the difference other than possibly a bit warmer colors than the XR version.
Sharpness is really good providing your copy doesn't stop a hair shy of the OO stop.
I prefer my copies to focus a hair past infinity , as my landscape images need to be sharp In LV.

Bokeh is so-so , but for a 2.8 lens it can be annoyingly busy at times.
Sharpness is very good stopped down a bit , but a hood is also highly recommended.

I wont sit here and pick apart this lens with what it isn't , as any film era lens has some short falls.
I would rate this a solid 8.75 , but I cant do this here.

Simply put.....If You need a small landscape lens that does a nice job , and costs less than a meal at Denny's.....consider this one.

Registered: May, 2010
Location: 1hr north of PDX

Lens Review Date: April 1, 2012 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $35.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: small, light, sharp, focus to 11 inches
Cons: only full clicks on aperture, older coatings

Found this for a good price and it's easily worth more. I like that it goes from infinity to 11 inches with only a 90 lens turn. Images are very good at f/2.8 and excellent by f/5.6. Veiling flare is not as bad as expected, but modern coatings put most old models to shame. I like this lens a lot, until I can fund a DA21 it will stay with me.

Registered: December, 2011

Lens Review Date: December 26, 2011 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $25.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: nice color and bokeh, small, wide angle, f2.8 is somewhat fast
Cons: poor contrast, not very sharp, focusing ring is slow and difficult to move

If you want a very affordable wide angle lens, this will do. It gets very nice color and bokeh I've found, though the images are somewhat softer than would be preferable and the contrast is rather poor. It's small and seems to be of solid build, though the focusing ring is long and hard to move.
Add Review of Ricoh 28mm f/2.8 Rikenon P

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!