Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Ricoh Lenses » Prime Lenses

filter size: 52 mm
aperture blades: 6 straight
Max Aperture: 2.8
Min Aperture: 16

aperture selected in whole stop increments.

Add Review of Ricoh 28mm F2.8 Rikenon XR
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-7 of 7

Registered: December, 2014
Lens Review Date: December 4, 2014 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $40.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: sharpness, price
Cons: flare
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 7    Bokeh: 6    Handling: 9    Value: 9    Camera Used: K-R

a tiny and very cheap wide lens. it's not a large aperture but f2.8 is very good in my opinion. I love it's sharpness at wide open eventhoght i just use wide lens for landscape and sometimes for indoor picture.

This photo take at f2.8 in closest distance. I take this photo in RAW, then just use Camera Raw to convert it into JPG.

Registered: August, 2013
Lens Review Date: November 12, 2014 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $100.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharp , great build , looks good
Cons: Manual focus
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 8    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 10    Value: 10    Camera Used: K20 , K30

A great little lens ! Overlooked and underrated for sure.
This lens is very sharp at about f8-f11.
One of my favorites next to the SMC-K 35mm 3.5. for general use and Lanscape.
Bokeh is pleasing (to Me) but its best when used with a lens hood as flair can be noticeable.
Excellent overall..................
I paid much higher price for mine than listed , but it was worth it !

Location: Sydney
Lens Review Date: April 24, 2013 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $18.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Very Sharp, Well built
Cons: No Auto-aperture

This is a very good prime lens and has very good sharpness.

The built quality is also very sturdy and strong and you can get these for very cheap!

I don't mind using manual lenses but I do wish it had Auto-aperture. Still a great buy if you can find it!

Location: Iowa
Lens Review Date: December 12, 2012 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $30.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Ridiculously sharp (even wide open), excellent color & contrast, good build quality
Cons: No "A" setting, manual focus

I recently picked this one up from another PF member, and it far exceeded my expectations. The sharpness of this lens is downright amazing, even wide open. Stop it down to f5.6 and you'll cut your eyeballs. It's at least as sharp as my Pentax-A 1.7/50, which is no slouch in the sharpness department.

Color is well-saturated and realistically balanced, and contrast is excellent. The build quality is good, too. The aperture ring moves smoothly with solid click-stops, and the focus ring moves with a smooth, well-damped action.

In short, nothing to complain about here... About the only "cons" (if you can call them that) are that there is no "A" setting, and it's strictly manual focus.

If you're looking for a great performing and cheap 28, and you don't mind an all-manual lens, you won't be disappointed with this one.

Registered: November, 2008
Lens Review Date: November 5, 2012 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $40.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: sharp, smooth focus, affordable
Cons: all manual, if it is really a con

I like Rikenon lenses which I find of great quality for a great price. 28mm 2.8 is not an exception. Very sharp, very easy to focus (noticeably easier than Pentax), nice colors, decent built quality. Amazing lens for such a moderate price. I was able to get better pictures than with DA 40 2.8 Limited. BTW, no evil pin on this lens, comes off with no problem. Grab one before the prices go up. You won't regret.
I give it a 10 not because I am overexcitable but because, in my opinion, this lens deserves it even compared to some of the limiteds.

Registered: June, 2010
Lens Review Date: March 31, 2011 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $40.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Sharp
Cons: Hard to find, color/contrast better on Pentax M 2.8 and 3.5

This is a good lens... I have tested many other third party 28mm lenses and this one only falls behind the Pentax M 2.8 and 3.5 (between those two I cannot tell a big difference, except the 3.5 has more contrast).

It is definitely sharp, and the color is not bad... just not as good as the aforementioned. I gave it to my brother since I have the 2.8 and 3.5.

Registered: June, 2009
Lens Review Date: July 15, 2009 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $20.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Sharp at wide open, easy to carry
Cons: Ain't good in handling flare

Very nice lens. I got mine in near mint condition. Very sharp at wide open. Shots I took with this lens were very colorful and contrasty. I was very satisfied with the price I paid.... A rare lens indeed.
Add Review of Ricoh 28mm F2.8 Rikenon XR

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!