Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Tamron Adaptall Lenses » Zoom Lenses
Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 35-105mm f/2.8 (65A) Review RSS Feed

Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 35-105mm f/2.8 (65A)

6 29,739 Mon November 27, 2017
Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 35-105mm f/2.8 (65A)

- Model name: 65A
- Filter diameter: 67mm
- Hood: A3FH
- Weight: 624g
- Maximum diameter X total length: 72mmx97mm
Mount Type: Third-party (adapter required)

Add Review of Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 35-105mm f/2.8 (65A)
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-6 of 6

Registered: December, 2016
Lens Review Date: November 27, 2017 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $70.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: sharp from 2.8, usefull zoom range, good value price/quality
Cons: preety big & heavy, zoom extends under the self weight, zoom could work smoother
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 8    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 7    Value: 10    Camera Used: K-70

I wanted something bright ( and cheap ) lense that would find my needs from wide angle to short tele. I always carry a Sigma 17-50 2.8 ( sometimes it's too short for some photos ) and Tamron 70-200 f2.8 ( that's way to long for some photos). So here come the Tamron 35-105 f2.8 .
One thing I really worried about before the bought is does this lense would be useful sharp from f2.8.
And the answer is - YES! The lens is preety sharpd from f2.8 and with stops it's only getting better. Anyway at f2.8 and focus ring set at infinity... it's almost impossible to find anything is really in focus

It's very usefull portraits range ( on aps-c it's like 50-135mm ). There is some abberations visible but it's nothing that you should worry about.

Prices are very, very various, so if you don't want to overpay - just take a time to find a best offer ( mine cost less than 70 USD but usually the prices are at least 150 USD or even more if the lense is in mint condition ).

the pros are: zoom range, bright and sharp from wide open
the cons are: big&haeavy, preety hard to focus, zoom extends under the self weight, zoom ring could work smoother - it's somethimes hard to stop zooming anywhere between the long or short end

All files are non touched by any tool ( it's 50% of size of RAW file ).
Here's 35mm at:
f/2.8

f/4

f/5.6

f/8

f/11

duck taken at 105 mm f/2.8

Edited duck ( lightroom ) - for sharper, more colorful,more contrast image.

105mm f2.8

Location: South east Queensland Australia
Lens Review Date: January 19, 2013 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: f2.8 constant
Cons: stiff zoom
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 9    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 9    Value: 9

After reading about this lens I found one for sale and snapped it up as the price included the Pka adapter and original case , its very clean
showing almost no signs of use.
I really like this lens the focus action is beautifully smooth , the colour and contrast are very good , reasonably close focus (about 2 feet), so
perhaps the bokeh is a bit busy but I can live with that as the lens feels right on the end of my K5 .
I have a club Portraiture event coming up and am looking forward to really putting it through its paces as I feel this is where it is most suited.

Registered: April, 2008
Location: USA
Lens Review Date: August 24, 2010 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 8

Pros: Good focal range, sharp, 2.8 throughout
Cons: Zoom creep, busy bokeh

What I really liked about this lens was the range and it is a f2.8 thoughout. Its a decently sharp lens with good contrast also. I got it when I was first starting out a couple years ago and was wanting a portrait lens, thus the speed and range.

What I didn't like was the bokeh, the weight and the push-pull zoom. My copy ( aged of course ) was a little loose. Probably like most copies nowdays. Just a little zoom creep but not bad.

I think for the price I have seen them go for the last year ( around $200 ) it a great lens. For that price to get the speed, range and sharpness its a great deal.

Registered: February, 2009
Location: Seattle
Lens Review Date: May 19, 2010 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $150.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Good color, contrast
Cons: Heavy

Sharp: can not compare to fixed lens.
But if you want to create something artistic, this is the lens to choose.

Registered: December, 2009
Lens Review Date: April 21, 2010 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $200.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: good IQ
Cons: Loose feel to the working parts

This was Tamron's first conversion of a MF lens to AF. As a result the lens is somewhat loose in it's mechanizems and may appear to even droop a little in front. Never the less it is a sharp lens and well worth the cost if you can fine one. You just have to ignore the cosmetics.
Kent Gittings

Registered: December, 2007
Location: central kansas
Lens Review Date: February 24, 2010 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $65.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Very sharp, Good contrast
Cons: I find it hard to focus in sports photography

I obtained this copy on eBay. It has a small chip on the front lens and this is the reason for the low price I paid. It has been worth ever penny! It seems to be very sharp and contrasty from f/4 to f/11. I normally shoot at f/8. It is well constructed and a tad on the heavy side. If you can find one I highly recommend it.
Add Review of Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 35-105mm f/2.8 (65A)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!