Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Tokina Lenses » Zoom Lenses

Optical Construction: 12 elements in 8 groups
35mm Equivalent:

105-315mm equivalent on APS-C
Filter Size: 52mm
Minimum focus distance: 130cm (51"
Aperture Blades: 6
Type of Zooming: Rotation
Dimensions:

87mm x 65mm (3.4in x 2.6in)
Weight: 450g (15.9oz)
Mount Type:

Add Review of Tokina AF 70-210mm F4.0-5.6
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-4 of 4

Registered: April, 2016
Lens Review Date: September 5, 2016 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $60.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Good colors and AF performance
Sharpness: 8    Aberrations: 7    Bokeh: 7    Handling: 8    Value: 9    Camera Used: Pentax MX

I got this off ebay from a seller who claimed it was new. When I received it, I could see that it basically was unused, complete with original instructions, packaging and box. My copy is branded as Vivitar but the specs are identical to the Tokina version listed here. I don't have a Pentax digital camera but I am very pleased with how it performs on my Pentax analogue cameras. AF performance is good on my MZ-5 including the 'macro' mode. Sharpness is good overall and excellent at f/8 - f/16, and the colors are balanced. As I said, I have not tried this on a Pentax digital camera, but based on comments of the other reviewers, I can say this a worthy investment if you can find a good copy for a reasonable price.

Lens Review Date: December 8, 2014 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $80.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: very sharp, even wide open,very nice bokeh, excellent colors
Cons: some very few CA's
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 9    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 9    Value: 10    Camera Used: k-x,k200,ist ds,mz-5,z-20p

very good performer

suitable for macro shootings, too

high contrast, nice colors

very good sharpness

Registered: April, 2013
Lens Review Date: September 27, 2013 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $67.00 | Rating: 9

Pros: Price - Built quality - Sharp - Contrast - Size
Cons: Over 190mm became to soft
Sharpness: 7    Aberrations: 7    Bokeh: 7    Handling: 8    Value: 8

I'm agree with neildo, but this is my first tele zoom and for this price is very very good.

Registered: February, 2010
Location: Utah
Lens Review Date: May 22, 2010 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $55.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: size, build, macro, sharp, AF
Cons: zoom creep, CA, little soft at long end

This is my first telephoto zoom. For the price I've been pleased. The build quality is excellent. It feels more solid than the plastic kit lens. Lens does have zoom creep.

I've been able to get good photos as long as I stop down a little. I usually shoot at f/8 and above. Below f7.1 I've noticed CAs and drop in sharpness. Sharpness is good until about 180mm then it starts to drop.

Bokeh and OOF transistions are best at shorter distances such as macro shots. At longer distances its not quite as smooth and sometimes looks busy. This may be a lack of skill on my part since I'm a beginner.

Autofocus performs well enough. It's a bit loud but usually locks on quickly except under extreme conditions. Manual focus ring is a little loose and focus throw is only about 90 degrees so it can be a little hard to fine tune.

Macro feature is a nice bonus. Minimum focus distance is about 4 feet.

f/8 1/500s 190mm

f/8 1/800s 140mm

f/8 1/400s 158mm
Add Review of Tokina AF 70-210mm F4.0-5.6

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!