Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Miscellaneous Lenses » Teleconverters (All Brands)
Vivitar 2x Automatic Tele Converter (M42) Review RSS Feed

Vivitar 2x Automatic Tele Converter (M42)

4 12,161 Tue June 9, 2015
Vivitar 2x Automatic Tele Converter (M42)

M42 thread teleconverter

Add Review of Vivitar 2x Automatic Tele Converter (M42)
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-4 of 4

Registered: May, 2015
Lens Review Date: June 9, 2015 I can recommend this lens: No | Price: $3.00 | Rating: 5

Pros: Cheap
Cons: You get what you pay for
Camera Used: K-50

Overall I can't say it's awful. For how cheap you can pick them up you can't expect too much. If you're going to use this on a zoom lens I'd suggest making sure you have a tripod to keep the camera still. It also eats up a lot of light, so I'd suggest making sure your lens is wide open.

I tried a few test shots with my Quantaray 70-300mm. Zoomed completely in. It was hard to work with, but I am also pretty new to teleconverters so it may just be my inexperience. So take this review with a grain of salt. I'll have to try it with other lenses and come back to this later, but for now I can't see it getting very much use. The lack of focus in my test shots had a lot more to do with me being unable to keep the camera still enough while fully zoomed for a clear shot.

Loyal Site Supportaxian

Location: Texas
Lens Review Date: December 14, 2014 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $5.00 | Rating: 5

Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: average performance.

It's really not bad. Especially at the price.

It's not great in any way, either. Strictly a budget lens with budget performance. Yes I would recommend this if you are on a budget.

Registered: October, 2014
Location: Washington
Lens Review Date: December 13, 2014 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: Cheap
Cons:

This extender came in a package I bought on eBay. Not expecting much, I hooked it up to a Vivitar 50mm f1.9 and took a few shots with it. To my surprise, it did quite well even wide open. I think it is a good little piece of glass. Good enough to keep.

Location: Lost in translation ...
Lens Review Date: January 3, 2013 I can recommend this lens: No | Price: $2.00 | Rating: 5

Pros: Solid build
Cons: Lost light and IQ ...

Bonjour,

Just a quick entry of this M42 TC which is just "average" at best ... I will more likely de-glass it and use it later as a M42 extension tube ... J
Add Review of Vivitar 2x Automatic Tele Converter (M42)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!